The question on whether to choose exposed aggregate concrete (and plain in-situ) or concrete pavers is asked time and time again. When comparing the two the price is quite often similar, though there is more to the argument than just price.
More and more builders, developers and home owners are turning to paving for several reasons but above all pavers have the upper hand in providing flexible aesthetics to provide the look and feel desired by the customer. With so many different sizes, colors and finishes a developer or builder can complement or contrast the color scheme of the house, making it look more attractive. This in turn increases their property value, return on their investment and creates an inspirational outdoor setting.
When looking at the question from a private, residential customer, the benefit of pavers will carry on long past the purchase date. If in 10 or 15 years’ time there is a blocked drain or a requirement to access services underground, pavers come into their own. Simply lift the pavers out of the way, complete the repair work and re-lay them. With concrete there will be cutting, dumping and the repair will always be visible as the concrete will not be able to be blended in to the original as easily. The same goes for cracked concrete. If a paver is cracked for some reason, it can be replaced easily, whereas concrete becomes a large job to repair. Best recommend storing any leftover pavers for that exact purpose.
Best manufactures all their own concrete pavers, retaining walls and terrazzo tiles in Adelaide South Australia. When buying from Best the customer can be confident that all the profits are spent in the local community instead of going offshore to a multinational. Best also produces one of the largest ranges of concrete pavers in Australia so there will be something to suit all budgets and tastes.
So don’t forget when comparing exposed concrete aggregate, in-situ concrete to concrete pavers, the pavers win on the following points:
- Pavers have a high aesthetic appeal.
- Cracking is not a problem with pavers as the problem paver can be replaced easily.
- Proven increase in property value, especially large format pavers.
- Large range of colors and finishes.
- Surface immediately usable, no waiting for the concrete to dry.
- Easy access to underground services when required, just move the pavers out of the way.
- On-going low maintenance costs.
- Pavers reduce tripping risk due to soil movement.
- No reinforcing mesh required.
- Highest levels of slip resistance provided by the textured concrete paver surface.
- Best pavers meet the Australian Standard for Slip Resistance AS 4586:13
For more detailed pictures and information on the Best product range click here.
Best also offers supply and lay as an option. Best can complete the whole job and give you piece of mind that the work will be completed properly and promptly.
Please contact us to speak to one of the experts at Best or visit their indoor architectural selections showroom conveniently located at Kent Town.